Saturday, September 4, 2010

My iEngineering Ambition

I was really excited when I got accepted to University of Illinois after being rejected to some of the other best engineering school. I had assumed that I was going to get rejected even from University of Illinois, but it didnt happen. After I got accepted to U of I, I was invited to apply for iEFX. I was really excited about that too.

Even though right now its been just two weeks since the iEFX started, I am sure that it is going to have big impact on my college career. I have pinned down three main 'abilities' that I want to learn through out the course and the way I would like to achieve them.

Firstly I would like to learn how to weld. When I was in 8th grade I wanted to motorize my bike, but due to inability to weld I wasnt able to accomplish my goal. Now I want to learn how to weld and rework on the old project. I would love to take a class on metal workshop, but I dont that we have any, so another way that I can learn this is through iTeam. I can convince my team members and we can set up a workshop for learning to weld.

Another thing I want to learn is to learn Matlab. Its the one of the most important software that is required for data analysis and research. Again this can be achieved in the same way as the one before. In this I can actually go to other seminars that they have in the college of engineering, and I can also take CS 101 to learn about it.

Finally the third thing I want to do is to socialize with people from different background. This is really important to gain more knowledge because there is always something to learn from everyone. I can achieve this by taking classes in different colleges and I can also attend social events.

When I look at the things that I want to learn this semester I think that they will make me more capable. It will contribute to make me a more capable engineer who has the missing basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment