Sunday, July 31, 2011

Encryption, Decryption and Artificial Intelligence

The word encryption brings back to me the memory of Dan Brown's book Digital Fortress, NSA, Enigma Machine, not to mention the special lecture I attended by my quantum professor, Dr. Paul Kwait on quantum encryption. But arent we missing out something? Yes the human brain, which has extra ordinary capability to encrypt and decipher data. When filling out short questionnaire for my study abroad program, I wrote about vividness of Chinese language. It amazes me that it have thousands of character and it takes fraction of milli-second for human brain to 'decipher' that data and convert it to a physical, or emotional object. Tell me about any computer that can do that. You might give me example of Watson, but you know that we are still years from coming across a computer that is as powerful as human brain.



This brings me to my new born excitement of natural language processing. I am excited to take CS221 from Stanford online. They are offering their pretty famous artificial intelligence class online for FREE. Its amazing how colleges are increasing their tuition on one side and on the other end there are lots of free classes that are being offered via Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, Stanford iTunes University, and many others. Even though I dont have intensive knowledge of Liner Algebra I am trying to crunch in quick lectures about them from Khan Academy before the class starts so that I can successfully complete the class. Any one can take the class, I highly recommend that you do if you have time. Here is the link: ai-class.com

No comments:

Post a Comment