Friday, October 30, 2009

My Presentation at UIC for Chicago Android Group




This was the first presentation I ever gave in my life. And it was in front of experts. Most of them had PhD and I was the only high school student there. I joined this Chicago android group because I really want to promote “open sourceness”. I like android over other mobile os(OSX, Symbian, Palm OS, Blackberry) because it is open source use the firmware without violating any rules that other closed source OS have. My topic for the presentation was rooting Android phones(G1 and MyTouch). Rooting basically means that the software on the phone gets access to certain core data structures and is allowed to manipulate them. Rooting is NOT equal to hacking, and android is open source firmware so any one can tweak according to his needs .

No comments:

Post a Comment